Thursday, February 28, 2019

sojourner’s song


Hear my prayer, O Lord,
and give ear to my cry;
hold not your peace at my tears!
For I am a sojourner with you,
a guest, like all my fathers.
Psalm 39:12

All my life, no matter its length or depth, is a temporary travel toward where my soul’s real home lies. Happiness comes when I embrace this journey and live for going home. The more kingdom focus I can bring to my view of life as a traveler, the clearer this vision becomes to me, the more I know I am just a guest in this world, at home only with my Lord.

Sojourners travel. They live light, carry little with them, but see much! The joy of sojourning is found in provision that God brings as each step in the journey trusts God to bring His traveler finally home. And at their pilgrim arrival in His Celestial City, sojourners will at last find peace breathing in the sweet, restful air of home.

I’m just a poor wayfaring stranger
Traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, no danger
in that bright land to which I go

I’m going there to see my Jesus
and all my loved ones who’ve gone on
I’m just a goin’ over Jordan
I’m just a goin’ over home

No comments:

Post a Comment