Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Resurrection is my destiny.


Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:51-52

This passage is more than just consolation at the graveside of a believer, it is the reality awaiting all Christians. Jesus has ensured that death does not win. We may experience pain as our bodies weaken and die, but the mystery (truth now revealed) explained by Paul is that resurrection awaits those who die in Jesus. And His resurrection body will be theirs!

A great day of triumph awaits us all in Christ. His trumpet will sound and He will return. The dead in Christ will be raised imperishable and those alive at His appearing will also be transformed in the blink of an eye. For all Christians resurrection to be with Christ in a body like He now has awaits us.

O Lord,
Resurrection is my destiny! I take my comfort in that truth when Christians die. I believe this living hope for my own mortality. And when You return and right the wrongs of this world forever, a new imperishable body awaits me when You arrive! Thank You for revealing this mystery in hope!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment