Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Oh My King!


Then Pilate took Jesus and flogged him. And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe. They came up to him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” and struck him with their hands.
John 19:1-3

Jesus, my King, was mocked and beaten by those He came to save so that salvation might be accomplished once for all. As I read of what was done to Him, my tendency is to think “How could they do this to the God Who made them?” But then I remember that my sins put Jesus through all this. There is a sense then in which my voice mocks and my hands strike Jesus in my sin.

It was the Father’s will for the Son to suffer so much for the sins of the world. This is just the beginning of what it took to put an end to the penalty of our sins and take the sting from death. And looking just at the scourging and mocking, I cringe at the price of my sin. But from this point on in The Passion, each step with the cross, marching toward His death, every second of His suffering at Calvary, was borne for us all so that sin could be done away.

And in this good news that Christ died for our sins, we find new life. From our beaten and mocked King come power over hell and death for He is our Savior! By His shed blood sin is atoned and guilt is taken away. In His resurrection is new life... eternal life... joyful life in Him right now! And all this my King freely gives to everyone who will believe! Oh my King! Oh my Savior! Oh my blessed God!

No comments:

Post a Comment