Thursday, May 17, 2018

calmed and quieted


But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psalm 131:2

Peace is known when hope in God is experienced by faith and trust in God’s Word. We know a calming rest, a work of God’s Spirit in our hearts when we truly trust God. Our souls can be calmed and quieted. We can know a remarkable, amazing calm as we rest in the hope of eternal life through the work of Jesus Christ.

No matter what happens to me, in life or in death, my soul is at rest because of Christ. he carried my griefs and my sorrows to the cross, so I might know His peace by faith. He bore my sins so I might have forgiveness and eternal life.

Really, what can shake my world if this is what I know in Christ? I can be at peace, no matter what the future holds, because my final future is at rest with Christ. I can be as trusting as a small child with its mother. I have been calmed and quieted by my Lord’s love. And that peace will never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment