Friday, May 4, 2018

fruitful Word


For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11

God’s Word will always accomplish God’s purpose. When God says something, it is guaranteed. He will send out His Word through and to His people to bless their lives like a needed rain. The Word of God will nourish life and cause growth. It will feed hungry souls. It will never be just empty words that never accomplish anything.

It is springtime and I love a rain storm! The rains are life-giving and awe-inspiring all at the same time. The winds and the rains bring life out of the earth, even as they shake everything in the storm. In just a few days everything suddenly greens and blooms. It is marvelous.

And the same process occurs spiritually with scripture. Sometimes it thunders in with straight line winds, shaking my soul to the foundation before the rains pour. Other times the Word of God is a gentle shower bringing the water of life to my parched soul. I need both experiences regularly. It is how God is accomplishing His purposes in me.

Thank You, God, for Your Word! Let it fall on my dryness and bring me back to life. May Your will be done as Your Word speaks. I will listen, follow, and love what You say!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment