Thursday, March 15, 2018

believing Jesus and seeing the Father



All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Luke 10:22

You can only know God through Jesus Christ. And that is why all Christian worship and experience must center upon Jesus. It is Jesus that reveals the Father. There is no other way to know God. Jesus reveals Him.

Just as God the Father sent His Son into the world to save us, so Jesus reveals the Father and His love to us. We cannot know that apart from Jesus. So for me to be content and clear in my knowledge of God, I must not ever stray from following Jesus. And that means the gospel has to be at my center.

Because Jesus came, by the love of the Father, to die for sinners and to be raised so that we might know life, I can be forgiven and can truly be found in Him so that the Father accepts me through the work of the Son. To know God, I must know Jesus. To know Jesus I must believe the gospel.

Lord Jesus,
I thank You for showing me the Father. I worship You for Your obedience to the Father’s will. You arrived on earth with one mission: to end sin’s hold on us by dying once for all and to be raised from the dead so we might believe and have eternal life. You are my only hope, and Jesus, I believe You. I trust only the gospel and I find my life and my hope in You!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment