Tuesday, March 27, 2018

a prayer to let me hear the Word of my Lord


Let me hear what God the LORD will speak,
for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints;
but let them not turn back to folly.
Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him,
that glory may dwell in our land.
Psalm 85:8-9

Lord,
I will listen to Your Word this morning. I will listen, because I need Your voice to speak Your peace to my soul. My heart is often in turmoil. Life throws so much at me, but I must hear Your voice, and then I will know that everything I face is coming from the caring hand of my Creator. I have a Father that loves me and will never leave me without peace made for me by His Son, Jesus, and experienced by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit with my soul.

By Your Word I will know Your peace. And by Your instruction I will not give in to the folly of my sin. I want to hear Your Word’s wisdom and turn from the foolishness that can rule my own heart so rigidly. And I can find freedom in the peace that comes from Your saving, nail-scarred hands! For Your salvation is always near to me when I look to You. When I obey and believe You, my Lord, Your glory will dwell with me.

So Lord, speak now in Your Word to me. I will listen. I will obey. I will turn from my sinful, foolish thinking and actions and find Your saving love so very near to me now!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment