Thursday, March 8, 2018

javelin stretching moments



Then the Lord said to Joshua, “Stretch out the javelin that is in your hand toward Ai, for I will give it into your hand.” And Joshua stretched out the javelin that was in his hand toward the city.
Joshua 8:18

This is just one very small example of just how receptive Joshua was as a leader to directly following the command of God. He obeyed. Humanly speaking, stretching your hand out with a weapon will in no way win a battle by itself. Still, Joshua acted in faith and in obedience. He trusted God in the simplest of matters. And God rewarded that humble obedience, unleashing powerful leadership and victory through Joshua.

And my simple application from this simple story? Obey God, in all things, no matter how small I may see them. Picking up my Bible, jotting in my journal, praying in weariness of soul, or reaching out to help someone when I am unsure of how to help or feel drained of resources myself are all matters of simple obedience. These are my javelin stretching moments. And I believe God will bless them in His time and with His power... much greater than my weak hands and heart will ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment