Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Jesus is life.

For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will.
John 5:21

Jesis is a life-giving Savior. And Oh how glad I am that this is the case! Jesus came that we might have life, and have it to the fullest. Jesus fills the soul of the one who will come to Him. He will give life to one dead in trespasses and sins. He will fill with joy the broken and wounded heart. Jesus is a life-giver because Jesus IS life.

I was resurrected at the age of seven. Before that time, I was living as a dead person. I was born dead because I was born in my sins. But in 1971, God gave me life. It started with my parents, who both came to Christ after the preaching of the gospel one late spring evening. And I saw an immediate life come to them that wasn't there before. They quite fighting. The quit trying to find life in things. They loved Jesus and we worshiped Him as a family. And a few months after their conversions, I came to clearly understand the gospel and the meaning of Jesus' death and resurrection. Over several days I slowly began to realize that I needed the life that He offered. And so, I prayed the first prayer that I can remember praying and trusted Christ as my Savior. He made me alive at that moment.

I have never regretted that life! And no truly converted soul ever does. My life in Him has not been without difficulty, and Jesus promised it would mean walking a narrow way, but it has been rewarding. My new life in Christ has been dynamic, joyous, and beautiful. The Son has made me free and I am free indeed. I am so blessed to have my life in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment