Thursday, September 24, 2015

fearing the LORD

The fear of the Lord leads to life,
and whoever has it rests satisfied;
he will not be visited by harm.
Proverbs 19:23

A life of worship, respect, obedience, and receiving the mercies and grace of God awaits those who fear the Lord. Really, who would NOT want these things? Fearing the Lord leads to life. It begins with an act of faith... believing that Jesus died for my sins, I trust only Him to save me and provide the life perspective that I desperately need. He only is the satisfaction sacrifice for my sins. Jesus only provides abundant life and satisfaction for my soul. I will rest in that.

I have dedicated my heart to trusting this truth from my childhood. It has never let me down. Individuals have disappointed me, my own misplaced expectations have let me down, and occassionally churches have made huge blunders, but all those things occurred from NOT fearing the Lord. Following Jesus has never disappointed me, even as it has challenged me. It isn't always an easy thing, but I do rest quite satisfied to be a disciple of Christ. I don't live in anxiety when I "fear" the Lord.

Lord Jesus,
I thank You for this life that You have given me and to all that fear You. May I live and proclaim Your greatness. Thank You for the rich satisfaction that only comes in and by You. Thank You for the security of forgiven sin, abundant life and eternal life in You!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment