Tuesday, October 7, 2014

God's plans, my praise

O Lord, you are my God;

I will exalt you; I will praise your name,

for you have done wonderful things,

plans formed of old, faithful and sure.

Isaiah 25:1


God's sovereign wisdom is to be praised. He is in control. Even when the world may seem to be collapsing, it cannot do so outside of Him and without Him having His way in it. This verse comes on the heels of judgment announced against Gentile nations. Chapter 24 is even more dramatic.... it is not just individual nations but the entire earth that is broken under the justice that will come in God's judgment. Read the chapter... the earth is a burned out, barely inhabited cinder of smoking ruin when God gets done judging humanity. And immediately the prophet is moved to praise. God's work is wonderful, even as it is frightful.


Nothing escapes God's sovereign control. It is a fact. And even the worst effects of a fallen humanity can be used to bring God glory. He is faithful even as our experience in a broken world is hard. He is true, even if humanity tells lies. He is sure, even if life is tenuous. He is worthy of worship, even when life events seem inexplicably awful.


Lord,

I praise Your sovereign wisdom. I don't honestly understand all that happens in my life, but I know and I believe that You are faithful and true. Your plans formed of old shall not fail. You will be magnified in my life at every turn. And I praise Your grace in Your control of my past, my present, and my future.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment