Thursday, October 2, 2014

corruption's cure

They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt;

there is none who does good,

not even one.

Psalm 14:3


The natural state of the human race is that we are corrupted by our sin. We turn from God's ways. The effect of all the individual sins we do is that collectively humanity is twisted towards what is wrong. We will hurt one another. We will disobey God by our sin. We will destroy all that is around us. We live in an environment that is polluted by sin. It is our air and water, so much so that we cannot clean up the mess because there is nothing clean in us to work with. God must intervene.


This is our natural state. That does not mean that we are without hope though. God loves us even in our sin. His holiness met His love in Christ Who will redeem our iniquities and heal the damage of our sinful pollution. But first we must yield to our need of Him. We are powerless to correct ourselves. But God is mighty to save.


O Lord,

I trust You. I am a man of this world, born into a filthy environment, stained by my own sin, and in need of a Savior. And You, Lord Jesus, have saved me. You left me in this corrupt culture to lift Your lamp in the darkness and help others find relief in You. And so I learn Your truth and holiness and I share it in the gospel message. I can do no good except as Your grace transforms me and pours out of me in word, thought, and action!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment