Friday, November 7, 2025

ignorant experts

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight! Isaiah 5:21

We live in an age where self is the end and the source of all knowledge. This is logically inconsistent. We can research any topic in seconds by artificial intelligence (key word artificial, ie fake) that fuels all internet searches. We can watch people who are self-proclaimed experts on Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok, spouting their opinions as facts, twisting the truth to their own agendas, conspiring with eloquent and profane conviction, and selling foolishness as the wisdom of the day. This has always been the case… it is how Satan first got our grandparents to eat the fruit of disobedience… self-conferred expertise combined with persuasive, personality-driven false facts… we just have that experience instantly in our hands now in gross over-abundance.

What these people actually possess is ignorance, foolishness, perversity, and rebellion against the truth. I make that determination on the highest of standards… the Words of Almighty God! The result is that one must not trust the words and images that proliferate in social media. I assume all of it to be weighed down with egocentric lies. PERIOD.

Ironic that this is being read on a social media platform. I must be a hypocrite then.

What then can I trust? I know that I can trust the Word of God and those who carefully build their life’s work and their worldview around a gospel center. I can trust what scripture teaches and I must lay that truth like a perfect template over every other message in this world. If something is less than God’s truth, it is foolishness. If something is more than God’s Word, it is shrewd perverseness.

This is called “discernment”. Few people talk about it today because it is well… intolerant of what is false. And we all know that calling something “wrong” is the ultimate in stupid evil intent today. Unless you are calling a traditional value wrong… then you are wise and shrewd. Christians must be trained in discernment. Sadly, most are not, and it shows. Scroll on… it won’t take long to see a lack of discernment. Or, close down your social media apps, open Your Bible, and open your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment