Wednesday, September 6, 2023

running


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
1 Corinthians 9:24

The race is it. / It’s life.
The pace is set. / Jesus ran it.
The course is clear. / I am proclaiming the gospel.
The finish is near. / Eternity is ahead.

All believers run to tell. / We speak and we live it.
But will we run it well? / Can the ones who need it see it?
A prize will be given. / The Master will reward.
The hope is heaven. / Our future is perfect in every way.

My feet wear His shoes. / The gospel of peace is upon me.
I must not lose. / This is all I really live for.
Spirit’s motion my breeze. / Refreshed in Him I run.
I am set at ease. / My heart is focused.

I must be running with heart. / Thankfulness drives me.
I get a good running start. / God’s power is behind me.
I’m ready to win this prize. / Souls gathered, we worship in glory.
My reward is in Jesus’ eyes. / Praises we sing at His throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment