Tuesday, September 6, 2022

sins forgiven


I am writing to you, little children,
because your sins are forgiven for his name's sake.
1 John 2:12

Knowing my sins are forgiven by God the Father because of the death and resurrection of Jesus His Son and confirmed by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit is the basis for my Christian faith. Without that fact… without that certainty… I am without any hope in this world. The reality of Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Savior gives me perspective, purpose, and meaning. There is no other hope or truth. There is no other comfort in a world soaked in evil and senseless in its rush to live godlessly. I know in the forgiveness of Jesus that I am forgiven, made new, and on the path of life.

All of this was done for all sinners everywhere. For all the world Jesus is the same hope and life-giving Savior. Other people enjoy the same assurance and hope I have in Christ as fellow members of His Body, the Church. And we are called to proclaim his saving forgiveness to all who have not yet believed in Him.

Lord Jesus,
You have forgiven my sin… the greatest need I have. And You are still saving others. Thank You for being a Savior Who loves this world… and me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment