Thursday, September 8, 2022

life IN Christ

And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.
1 John 2:28

Right now we are to abide in Christ. Our life is to be in, of, and for Jesus. He is our life and our reason for living. He is our Savior and our substance. We live in Jesus… right now… not is some dreamy distant future day that we hope will happen… but RIGHT NOW. Now… little children… abide in Christ.

One motivation for living in, of, and for Jesus right now is because He is returning. And on that day, if we have not lived in Jesus, we will know a shame of wasting our lives. Living in Jesus NOW gives us confidence for eternity. Abiding in Christ now gives us the experience of what our forever future will be. We want to truly live in Jesus right now because it is what He saved us to do forever.

Lord Jesus,
I want to live in You today. I rest on Your saving grace. I seek to follow You, know You, serve You, obey You, and live in You! I seek to center all I think, feel, believe, know, and do in You, my Lord. And I look forward to the day You will return because I will then never have another impediment to abiding in You! Draw me near as I seek to be close to You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment