Wednesday, September 14, 2022

living with God


Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
1 John 4:15-16

To believe and proclaim that Jesus is the Son of God is to live in the love of God and live with God. God lives with us and in us by faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only Savior. And faith in the gospel is more than just wishful thinking. It is life… life from God… life with God… now and forever.

For more than half a century I have had God living with me. I distinctly remember what life was life without Jesus. Although I was just a a child, Jesus was totally absent from my family. And then my parents believed the gospel and Jesus came to live in our home. And it wasn’t too long after their conversion when the newness of the gospel captured my seven year old imagination and I realized that I too was a sinner, I needed God’s forgiveness, I believed Jesus is the Son of God Who gave Himself a sacrifice for my sin, I believed He rose from the dead, and I trusted and confessed Jesus as Savior and Son of God.

And now, from that time on God abides in me. I believe the love that God has for all of us. I’ve trusted it, confessed it, and lived in it. I want my life to always confess the gospel! And God lives with me… and will be my God forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment