Friday, September 9, 2022

righteousness and love


By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
1 John 3:10

There are two signs
I have been born from above:
When I do what is right
and I live in love

I turn from my sin
live by faith, not by sight
and with His Spirit within
learn to do what is right

I turn from my self
see my Savior’s love
And transformed by His grace
My brother I love

Righteousness rules what I think
And love fills up my heart
So in Christ I am complete
And from His truth won’t depart

Righteousness and love
mark the life that I live
holiness and Christian family
the purpose to which I give

Jesus is righteous
He gives me His grace
God is love
so I seek His face

These two signs
which I can’t live in enough
change my heart and my actions
in righteousness and love

No comments:

Post a Comment