Friday, June 10, 2022

Keeper of kings/King of Kings


Steadfast love and faithfulness preserve the king,
and by steadfast love his throne is upheld.
Proverbs 20:28

This proverb is meant to be a reminder to every king who ever sat upon Jerusalem’s throne that it was only the grace of God and faithfulness of the covenant that led him there. God was the true King over Israel. God faithfully kept covenant with His people, provided graciously all they needed, and established thrones and rulers. And kings who acknowledged this, worshiped Yahweh, and were faithful to God’s covenant were preserved by God. Their rule prospered. Their kingship thrived. Israel was kept in peace, not by human politics, but by divine decree.

And grace and faithfulness are now found in the kingdom of Christ where the true King now rules this world as Son of David and Son of God. Jesus showers us with steadfast love. Jesus is faithful in all things. We are called to receive His grace, find mercy, thrive in His faithful love, and in faith to follow Him submitting to His lordship. His throne is unfailing, His rule is best, His love is everlasting, and His hand provides all we now need. Jesus is the true and faithful King of grace!

Lord Jesus,
I bow to You. I yield to Your rule. I acknowledge Your kingship. I have pled Your mercy and receive Your grace. I know Your forgiveness and seek Your wisdom. I have followed You and will follow You. And You have kept me. You have led me. You have saved me. And all the earth will one day bow the knee to You and confess You are Lord to the glory of God the Father.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment