Friday, May 27, 2022

better is a little


Better is a little with the fear of the LORD
than great treasure and trouble with it.
Proverbs 15:16

Lord,
You take care of me
provide all my need
keep my soul
make me whole
I fix my eyes
on what You provide
not on the world’s stuff
that would never be enough

just a little from You
will see me through
in what You provide
my soul will thrive
the hope that I have
comes from Your hand
in gracious measure
You will be my treasure

my God I will fear
my life You will steer
shelter, clothes, and food
will all be for my good
from worldly riches I turn away
to trust in You, Lord, today
worldly wealthy will rust
it’s You I will trust

trouble comes, You are there
providing mercy and care
it isn’t about material greed
when You take care of all I need
economies fail and rearrange
but You will never change
so a little with fear of the Lord
brings abundant life in Your Word
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment