Tuesday, June 1, 2021

strength in my Lord


Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
Psalm 125:1

I have trusted in the Lord. It has been the story of my life. And at the core of my being it is all that I know. This trust began when I was a child, when my parents were changed by faith in Jesus Christ. And in the nurture of the gospel in my own heart through church, school, and in a growth environment of Christian discipleship, I followed Jesus and grew to trust what God says and does. It directed me into adulthood with confidence, framed my worldview solidly, and set my life on a course always steered by God’s Word and God’s Spirit to trust in my Lord.

I am trusting in the Lord. This is my heart’s desire at break of day, every day. It is why I will not cease to worship Him, to open His Word, pray, seek His truth, confess to Him my sin, and endeavor even as I age to order my days around serving my Savior and my Master. This is the life I know. It is best. It is strong, and even though I am far from perfect, Jesus continues to be merciful to me, a sinner saved by His grace! I am standing firm on this Mount Zion as I trust my Lord.

I want to always trust Him. There is never a day when I don’t need Jesus. I always will. And I will need Him more and more. Physical strength will fade. My sight on earthly things grows dimmer. My hands will falter and my feet will shuffle. There is no denying it. But even then, the Lord will be my strength because my life is built upon the Rock of my salvation. This is my confidence. This is my hope. I cannot be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment