Friday, September 18, 2020

sustaining grace


O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
for you, O God, are my fortress,
the God who shows me steadfast love.
Psalm 59:17

The Lord is my strength. It is by the redeeming work of His grace that I am made new and strong enough to stand when I feel like falling. The Lord faithfully holds me, strengthening my soul. His grace is that strength. Without it I would always fail, miserable in my selfish sin, unable to cope with life, unsatisfied as I would be insufficient to find joy or His favor without His grace shown to me.

The Lord is my fortress. Because Jesus took the storm of all God’s wrath against sin, I can know His mercy and safely rest in my salvation. And in the worst weather that life throws at me, God shelters me! When my own sinful nature, this wicked world, and Satan’s deadly hate oppose me, in the fortress of God’s grace I am secure and safe!

The Lord showers me and surrounds me with His faithful, steadfast love. It is the grace of Jesus that fills my days. I am a new creation, knowing all things made new! It is the glory of praising Jesus that sustains my heart. He is true to me, caring for me, with me... always!

No comments:

Post a Comment