Wednesday, August 26, 2020

no hiding


“Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD.”
Jeremiah 23:23-24

When I sin, I usually act like these words which God has declared, are a lie. I answer His rhetorical questions with a defiant “NO!” But really, I am lying to myself. God is always near. He is at hand. There are no secret places where I can hide my sin. I may feel like I successfully hide my darkest thoughts and most selfish actions away from other people, but I never hide them from God. Every sin I commit, in thought, in attitude, or in action, is done in the full view of God from whom nobody can hide.

My heart, my whole life, is completely transparent before my Maker. He sees me, He knows me, He understands me, and I am accountable to Him. This heart must accept that I am an open book before the LORD.

Lord,
I can’t hide. And as I read here in Your Word, it is foolish to do so. So I won’t. I will cultivate clear confession. I will train my mind in transparency. I will embrace Your eternal, constant presence. I will confess to You my sin, repent, and turn again when Your constant Spirit shows me the sin I think I am hiding. Thank You for being always near, and for providing, through Christ, for sinners to come clean!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment