Friday, April 24, 2020

King’s children do not fear.


For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”
Romans 8:15

I have nothing to fear as a child of God. God is my Father. He cares for me. He loves me. He keeps me as His own child, safely in His own household, secured by His love and His power.

A couple of verse from an old hymn are ringing in my soul right now:

I once was an outcast stranger on earth,
A sinner by choice and an alien by birth.
But I’ve been adopted, my name’s written down,
An heir to a mansion, a robe, and a crown.

My Father’s own Son, the Savior of men
Once wandered on earth as the poorest of them,
But now He is pleading our pardon on high
That we may be His when He comes by and by

I’m a child of the King
A child of the King:
With Jesus my Savior
I’m a child of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment