Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Do Not Disbelieve


Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”
John 20:26-28

alone, afraid
locked away
confused, astounded
disciples prayed

bold, empowered
in that hour
Jesus came to them
so they wouldn’t cower

questions and doubts
were brought out
Jesus knew, Jesus cared
and turned them about

Son of God
beat death’s odds
instilling faith again
“My Lord and my God!”

doubt and fear
can’t stay here
when Jesus reigns
that much is clear

struggling to believe
He is doing good in me
I must believe my Lord
enduring grace to receive

No comments:

Post a Comment