Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Grace Like A Shield

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy,
and spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may exult in you.
For you bless the righteous, O LORD;
you cover him with favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5:11-12

You see me, dear Father
and You call me by name;
through Jesus You’ve rescued me
from brokenness and shame.

And now I am different
by all that You’ve done...
redeemed, complete, and holy
by the merits of Your Son.

I did not deserve
the smile on Your face;
It is all a gift
of Your mercy and grace.

To Jesus I surrender,
my soul I will yield;
now I fear nothing for
Your grace is my shield.

Today is uncertain..
tomorrow’s unclear...
yet I am unworried...
Your grace is right here!

Covered by grace now
I am not afraid.
I will look to my future...
to the home Jesus made.

No comments:

Post a Comment