Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Word gives life.


In your steadfast love give me life,
that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth.
Psalm 119:88

By the grace and mercies of my Lord, I live so that I may glorify Him by faithfully following His Word. That is the way that true spiritual life works. The Word of God employed by the Spirit of God captures my heart, moving me to life change, so that I can do the things that God says. I can live a life pleasing to God by obeying and enjoying what His Word shows me to do.

When I open the pages of scripture I encounter the life changing grace of God. Through Jesus and the gospel good news of His death and resurrection, a fountain of mercy and enabling grace pours out of my Bible and into my life. I am strengthened, encouraged, empowered, and equipped in this way as I read, study, listen to, and apply the Word of God. It is the source of all the wisdom that I need.

I thank God for the privilege to have His Word active in my life in this way. May I never take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment