Thursday, July 11, 2019

confidence in God’s Word


Then I shall not be put to shame,
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
Psalm 119:6

I’ve done a lot of things that I am ashamed of, but trusting Christ, loving Him, and following God’s Word are not among them. There is freedom in obeying and following scripture. God’s truth leads with confidence. Because God does not lie, I can rest in absolute trust that whatever it says, I can do. And I am sure it will not lead to shame, but to joy as I delight in what God says.

Psalm 119 is an epic song all centered on scripture... its benefits and rewards. And I believe the Bible provides the best foundation for my life. I have trusted this since I made a very conscious decision to be serious about scripture when I was 16 years of age, and I am not disappointed now nearly 40 years later. I am disappointed, however, in me when I have made choices contrary to God’s Word. I am disappointed when others have done the same. But scripture as the driving motivator and philosophy for my life has not let me down. People may let me down. Worldly notions have always let me down. My own sin has definitely let me down. Praise the Lord... His Word has never let me down!

Lord,
I will rejoice that the longest song in Your Word is about Your Word. I worship You in it. I will treasure Your Word. I will seek to fix my eyes steadily on what Your Word says so that I may be blessed with a true and careful course through life that leads always to You, Lord Jesus!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment