Thursday, October 25, 2018

No condemnation!


There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

As bad as I may feel over my struggles with my sin, I must always remember that because of Jesus, my sin is not condemned by the Law’s demands. I am powerless to live by God’s Law, but Jesus perfectly fulfilled that Law and has given me His righteousness so that the Father sees me as perfect... just like He sees His Son. My sins do not mean I am condemned. The righteousness of Christ and the Spirit of life set me free from the sin and death that follow condemnation. My life is about righteousness and eternal life now in His kingdom!

This transformation is only done by Jesus. He accomplished it by His death and resurrection satisfying the Father’s justice. And by faith this is appropriated to all who will believe. Christians are set free to walk in a manner worthy of the gospel and to be holy before the Father dressed in the righteousness of Christ.

No condemnation now I dread
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine
Alive in Him, my living Head
And clothed in righteousness divine
Bold I approach the eternal throne
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment