Monday, July 9, 2018

idols & abominations

Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: Repent and turn away from your idols, and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
Ezekiel 14:6

I hold them close to my heart
idols that I cherish
I’m not easily torn apart
from the sins I nourish
they shall be my undoing

God points out my idolatry
I cringe as I admit it
His Word warns me of what will be
if I will not repent of it
I find it hard to do the unloosing

I must turn away from sin and turn to
the God I should love with single affection
I must find in Christ what I need to
repent of idols and change my direction
this is about my greatest love

Idols are abominations that damn my soul
and the more I see them killing me
the easier it is to yield control
to my gracious Savior whose love is true to me
He died to kill my idols and will help me rise above

No comments:

Post a Comment