Wednesday, July 4, 2018

He will have compassion.


For the Lord will not
cast off forever,
but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion
according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
for he does not afflict from his heart
or grieve the children of men.
Lamentations 3:31-33

Although God must justly deal with sin, it is not in His nature to be cruel or vengeful in so doing. God is a God of compassion, even when the outcome of our sins causes us grief and pain. He may bring grief, but it is only so that we might repent and again know the “abundance of his steadfast love”.

I know this because of a historical gospel fact: Jesus came to earth, He lived a perfect life and taught the ways of life, He died for all sin and rose again... all so that we might have new life and know the forgiveness of sin. Jesus is the steadfast love of God known to us! And in that hope all grief can be comforted and all grace is known.

Lord Jesus,
According to the abundance of Your steadfast love my Lord, I am made righteous in Christ! Thank You that You do not treat me as my sins deserve, and Jesus, as the Man of Sorrows You have borne our grief! When I am in pain, I will turn to this truth and find comfort.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment