Tuesday, April 10, 2018

no distance limits grace


The father knew that was the hour when Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” And he himself believed, and all his household.
John 4:53

Belief in Jesus came to this “official” in Cana, and to the whole household of this man, because they encountered the healing, saving work of Jesus in the most unusual way. The manner in which Jesus worked was powerful. The official came to Jesus, desperately interceding for his dangerously ill son. He begged Jesus to come back with him to Cana to heal the boy. Jesus draws out the man’s faith and then confidently informs the official that his son will live.

The man is later met by his servants on the way back home. They tell him his son is recovering. When the man is told that the fever left his son at the same time when Jesus told him his son would recover, he believed. And he preached Jesus to all his family and servants, and they believed! There was a huge saving work that followed this miraculous healing work.

Jesus,
I believe distance is no barrier to Your work. You will save lives as You wish. And so I will be encouraged to continue to not let any distance of miles or of memories keep me from trusting You. I will pray hard still, for I believe You will make Your power and Your Word known. I will trust. I will pray. I will believe. You can do the work.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment