Wednesday, April 4, 2018

kept safe


The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed; he has put on strength as his belt.
Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.
Your throne is established from of old;
you are from everlasting.
Psalm 93:1-2

This short song celebrates the power and strength of God to keep the world secure no matter what crisis we may find ourselves enduring. In the text of this psalm, which opens with this confidence in the security that God brings to the world, the crisis in verse three is a raging flood. The roaring waters of the destructive flood are no match for God’s mighty power though (Psalm 93:4).

It is comforting and strengthening to know that despite the very worst things I face in life, God is in control. And there are many times when the stress of things comes roaring in like a mighty flash flood. I may feel like I could drown in the potential panic and helplessness. But faith carries me above the waves, out of the raging current, and into the strong arms of my God and Savior. Jesus, Who calmed the wind and waves and who walked on a stormy sea securely carries me.

I agree with Psalm 93:5... 
Your decrees are very trustworthy;
holiness befits your house,
O LORD, forevermore.

The God Who saves me will always keep me safe in Him. I just trust that truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment