Friday, April 13, 2018

not mine, but his


So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.”
John 7:16

And in this way Jesus dealt with the people who hated him most. He simply spoke and did the will of His Father in heaven Who had sent Him. He spoke the truth boldly. He just did the Father’s will. He was perfect in His obedience to the Father.

And in that obedience Jesus showed us how every one of His disciples should act. We sense Jesus perfectly obeying to fulfill the mission for which the Father sent Him. And those who are now sent by Jesus into the world should say the same thing as we share the good news of the gospel with those around us: the gospel is not ours, but is from Jesus, Who sent us.

Lord Jesus,
You were willing to obey the Father in what You taught and did, perfectly following the Father’s will all the way to the cross. And that obedience brought my salvation. I am always so thankful for the life-giving gospel.

Now Lord, I pray I might follow You in my commitment to obey Your call to bring the gospel in my words and deeds to my world. May they see You and not me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment