Thursday, December 21, 2017

remember to praise


Remember to extol his work,
of which men have sung.
Job 36:24

Even when men are theologically skewed from the truth God has revealed, they can still get a few things right. This is the case with Elihu’s call to praise. He may not have an accurate or helpful theology of suffering, but his call to praise is certainly worthy of commendation. God should be remembered and praised regularly for His great works. Men should discipline their souls to offer praise to their Creator. It keeps things in holy perspective.

And so it is with my heart today. I will heed this call to worship. I know I am going to have a completely unpredictable day today. And I already know parts of it are going to be really hard to bear because of the reality of suffering and death. But God’s works are great. And suffering and death are only on the earth because of sin. Jesus has defeated both sin and death by His own suffering death on the cross and resurrection from the dead. So I will remember the gospel and remember to praise my God!

God,
I praise You now. I have been saved from sin’s dominion over me and granted life in Your Son. And all who believe in Him now have eternal life and will never perish. And so I praise You in Your great work in me. Give me more of that perspective, I pray. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment