Wednesday, December 20, 2017

complete and total forgiveness


He will again have compassion on us;
he will tread our iniquities underfoot.
You will cast all our sins
into the depths of the sea.
Micah 7:19 

The prophet Micah hoped for the day when Jesus would accomplish this very prophecy. God would save His people from their sins, the very hope that the angel announced to Mary when she was told to name her son Jesus. He is the complete fulfillment of this prophetic announcement of pure grace. Jesus has trampled our iniquities. Jesus has cast our sins into the deepest abyss of the ocean. He is our Savior.

In Jesus all my sins are fully known by God and fully forgiven by Him. Because of the Lord’s compassionate love, shown by sending His Son Who was born in a manger and died on a cross for us, we can know that our sins no longer imperil us. We can find grace. We receive mercy because of the cross. We know we are forgiven because of the sinless Son of God Who took all sin upon Himself. He became sin, Who knew now sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

And as Christmas Day nears, I will celebrate God’s compassion poured on us in Jesus. I will know His peace despite heartache, hurts, and death because Jesus is a Savior; He is my Savior! I will be most thankful that He has tread down my iniquities and cast my sin away, in grace now clothing me in His own righteousness. I will celebrate the gospel good news of salvation when I celebrate the birth of my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment