Friday, June 30, 2017

some things to think about


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Philippians 4:8

There are a lot of good things for me as a Christian to think about. Christianity is a lifestyle that changes my head, my heart, and my hands. But it must change what I think about, because I tend to do the things I think about. And this list shows me how right thinking can help change my heart and my hands so that I will want and do what pleases the Lord.

This is a pretty exhaustive list. It can keep me busy for my lifetime, which I think is kind of the point of it! And the best place I know to go to in order to find out what to think according to this list would be my own Bible. There God has spoken in such a way to address my thoughts, wants, and deeds. Scripture has what I need to know, to love, and to do.

And so I go to God's Word, daily hoping my thinking will be challenged, my heart will be set on God's heart, and my life might be lived for God's purposes and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment