Monday, June 19, 2017

hiding place, shield, and hope

 
 
You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in your word.
Psalm 119:114

These words were written about the Old Testament Law (probably just the five books of the Pentateuch) by a strong warrior king who knew what it meant to fight defensively and strategically. And his assessment was that God's Word provided the safety of a place of protection and the defensive strength of a shield. God provided these spiritual supports through the strength and power of His holy Word!

God's Word is a hope for the soul. It provides wisdom, direction, comfort, and strength for life. I know it has consistently done so for my life. I've never been let down by what has clearly been taught in His Word. I have believed it, trusted it, loved it, and had it change me. Ultimately these words are found in the gospel of Jesus Christ to be both life-sustaining and life-saving. I will always place my confident expectation in what God says. I'm trusting God for eternity based on the the Word of God.

Lord,
I too praise You that You are my hiding place and strong shield. I believe and am secure in Your Word no matter how I feel!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment