Thursday, October 13, 2016

wise rewards

 
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
For by me your days will be multiplied,
and years will be added to your life.
Proverbs 9:10-11

Wisdom will only be found with those who respect, worship, and obey the Lord. That is where all wisdom begins. It is found in relationship with God. As a Christian, I know this beginning of wisdom through Jesus Christ, "in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" Colossians 2:3.

The promise of wisdom for the one who fears God is stated emphatically: "days will be multiplied" and "years will be added to your life." The general hope of God's wisdom is a full and long life. And I love that promise. Wisdom has huge rewards. It is what everybody is looking for and it comes by fearing God.

I don't regret my commitment to follow Christ. I don't regret digging into scripture nearly every day since I was about 16 years old. It has benefited my soul, kept me safe, delivered me from foolishness, kept much sin from decaying my heart and destroying my days, and truly blessed my life in ways that will last forever. Wisdom has led me to confess much sin before it completely dominated me and to chase after righteousness like a runner nearing the finish line. God's rich truth has brought joy and life to me through His wisdom! And it is all just the beginning of what will be mine in Christ for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment