Friday, October 21, 2016

He sees me.

 
The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Proverbs 15:3

This solid statement is both encouraging and convicting. It is encouraging to me because it is great to know that God knows it all, sees it all, and discerns the rightness of all human thought and action. This is true both of presidential debates and of parents interacting with toddlers. I could never be able to do what God does because only He is God. At a seminar yesterday I was struck by the wisdom a church leader shared about the difficulty of getting to what he called "the last 10%" of the truth. It is incredibly hard to get that from people. It's true. We all hold back from one another at some level. But we can't hold back from God Who sees and knows it all.

This proverb is convicting to me because of my own tendency to hold back 10% (at a bare minimum) of the truth and to craft reality to my needs and wants. God sees and knows my evil and my good. I can't spin with Him! I can't reserve back my tithe of the truth from Him! That's crazy! No way can we withhold the facts from an almighty, all knowing, always present everywhere God. That forces me to accept my sin as wrong and repent of what His Word and Spirit show me... especially my attempts at personal sovereignty by withholding truth in any relationship.

God whose eyes see all I do and Who knows all that I think...
To You I turn in repentance. To You I look for wisdom to live beyond my massively messed up sinfulness. In You I will see how to serve, love, and live.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment