Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Once is enough.

 
For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
Hebrews 10:14

In the death and resurrection of Christ, God has secured for me all I need for eternal salvation. Up until then a steady stream of sacrifices had been offered on the altar. The blood of bulls and sheep ran red in a constant stream testifying to the need for a Savior. But at the cross, Jesus gave His perfect life. That single offering secured for all time salvation for all who believe.

I am comforted and strengthened by the way this text describes what Jesus did, once for all, for me. He perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. The past, my present, my future are all secured in Jesus' offering of Himself. Amazing!

The grammar of this sentence of scripture is significant and glorious. Jesus has perfected (past tense) for all time (taking care of all the future) those who are being sanctified (present moment). I was saved in that sacrifice. I am being made holy now. I am seen as perfect through Christ's blood forever. And this will last for all time. Amen, and thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment