Thursday, July 7, 2016

raised up with Jesus, seated with Jesus

 
and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
Ephesians 2:6

There are two important considerations of my new position in Christ that are profound in significance in verse six. The first is that I have been raised up with Jesus. That is why I am no longer dead in my sin. The resurrection of Jesus to live again is also my experience from Jesus. His resurrection gave me life as the Father saw fit to raise up in new life all those who would believe in Jesus.

The second profound consideration is that I am seated with Jesus in heavenly places. Now since I am actually sitting at my dining room table at this very moment writing down this thought, this must be a spiritual expression. Jesus is authoratatively seated at the Father's right hand. And Paul says that we are spiritually right there... close to Jesus and close to the Father. In Christ, we are near to God, not far from Him.

Lord Jesus,
I thank You that You are near to me, that Your life has resurrected my dead soul and brought me to You. Your grace sustains me and brings Your power in my life at all times. Thank You, Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment