Friday, July 1, 2016

my hope is in the Lord

 
O Israel, hope in the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore.
Psalm 131:3

God is my hope and my confidence, right now and for all my days. Hope in the LORD will carry me into eternity. It brings perspective on my life right now and it brings confidence for my future. Hope that only God can give is a wonderful experience.

Real hope in the real world and hope beyond my own death are known to me in Christ. This powerful hope is sustaining. It brings peace beyond the worst of struggles. I am reminded of an old hymn:

My hope is in the Lord
Who gave Himself for me
and paid the price
of all my sin at Calvary

No merit of my own
His anger to suppress
my only hope is found
in Jesus' righteousness

And now for me He stands
before the Father's throne
He shows His wounded hands
and names me as His own

His grace has planned it all
'tis mine but to believe
and recognize His work of love
and Christ receive

For me, He died
For me, He lives
And everlasting life and light
He freely gives

No comments:

Post a Comment