Monday, July 11, 2016

God to the rescue

 
It is he who remembered us in our low estate,
for his steadfast love endures forever;
and rescued us from our foes,
for his steadfast love endures forever;
Psalm 136:23-24

God saves His people. It is the story of redemption throughout all human history, coming to its highest moment in the death and resurrection of Jesus. God loves to save His people. He delivered Israel out of slavery in Egypt. He gave the nation the Promised Land in a series of military victories over her foes. He delivered Israel in captivity in the time of Esther, and brought them out completely from captivity in the stories of Ezra and Nehemiah. God is a deliverer.

There may be low times when we feel as if God is not working for us. We may be wondering if He even sees us. Be He knows any people in "low estates" and will work for them. He has already done so in Jesus, so He wants them to know the gospel and thus know deliverance! Every sinner has deliverance supplied by grace through faith in Christ. God still rescues people.

Lord,
I thank You that You are my deliverer and in my low estate, You have saved me. While I was a sinner, Christ died for me, and You planned that in Your eternal decrees. I trust and believe in You, my rescue!
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment