Friday, October 2, 2015

forget not all His benefits

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:2-5

My God has blessed me and lest I forget this, I shall think through David's list in the light of my own life. Like David, I will bless the Lord for the forgiveness of my sin. It is really at the heart of all my need and my only need. All else that is a deficit in me, is so because of my sin. I needed a Savior, and praise God, Jesus came, took my sin on Him in mercy on the cross, and I am now forgiven by faith in Him!

Jesus heals me. He can physically heal, though I am mortal and will die if He tarries His return. But despite the decay of this sin-cursed body, God has kept me relatively healthy all these years. I have chosen to consciously steward my health so that I may serve Him in my body.

Jesus redeemed me. I was hell-bound before I repented of my sin and trusted Him for salvation. He saved my life from the pit. And I can't help but believe He has given me an abundant life on earth as well as part of that redemption. Praise Him for such full salvation!

My life is crowned by God's grace and mercy. In Jesus I am blessed with what I do not deserve. I am kept from the consequences that my sins deserve. Praise the Lord for the incalculable gifts of mercy and grace!

I am satisfied and renewed in Jesus. In Him I have strength renewed every day. Even now, reflecting on His Word, I am empowered for this full day. Even as hard and difficult possibilities lie ahead, God will give me the energy and capacity to trust Him in those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment