Monday, August 14, 2023

Waiting’s good.


The LORD is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.
Lamentations 3:25-26

And so I start my work week with a fresh reminder this Monday morning that, contrary to my default settings, I must love and appreciate the God on Whom I wait. There are two reasons from these two verses that lead me to believe this. And their perspective is wonderful. I reflect on them and find comfort and encouragement.

REASON ONE: God is good to me as I wait. Waiting is not a punishment. It isn’t some kind of mean-spirited “test” meant to bring me pain or frustration. God is good in the waiting. I repeat: He is good to me as I wait for Him. God will bring good to me as I wait. He will do it as I simply by faith trust Him still. I wrongly bring frustration to the wait with my impatience, a demanding spirit, distrust, myopic focus of my limited viewpoint, and wrong expectations. But God will bring good if I repent of my own self-directed agenda in the waiting. I will seek that level of trust in God. He is good as I seek Him!

REASON TWO: Waiting is a good process. Why? It will result in deliverance because ultimately all waiting points to salvation. And that makes waiting “good news” — a gospel experience. It points to Jesus Who has delivered me from all my sins, all my suffering, all my sorrows, having carried them all on the cross. The gospel is the salvation for all that’s wrong in my life: my sin AND my suffering. The gospel is sufficient! All I need to trust is that, waiting quietly for the final outcome of my salvation to arrive. This is a good thing. It makes me trust. It quiets my soul. It brings the peace that surpasses understanding as in prayer I release my needs and wait in that peace for God to do His good work!

Lord,
You are good as I wait. Thank You for pouring grace upon me in this season. And the waiting itself is good because from it I will see my salvation in You Lord Jesus! Help me wait on a good God for the good for me that is sure to come.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment