Wednesday, August 30, 2023

discerning heart


The prudent sees danger and hides himself,
but the simple go on and suffer for it.
Proverbs 27:12

Lord give me a discerning heart
in a world full of danger
Your truth is no stranger
wisdom must lead me
prudent choices must keep me

Lord teach my wandering heart
what seems so attractive
is deadly radioactive
warm at first touch
but I’ll regret it so much

Lord lead my searching heart
a straight path for my feet
in Your Word I will meet
point me safely in narrow ways
all of my remaining days

Lord remember my hurting heart
be my strength and my might
be my wisdom and my sight
never leave or forsake me
in new life You’ll remake me

Lord keep my discerning heart
wisdom is all that I need
as in new directions I proceed
my God, how I need You
Jesus, always I believe You

No comments:

Post a Comment