Thursday, August 24, 2023

waiting… hope unseen


But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
Romans 8:25

I face these circumstances now.
What do they mean?
My soul asks deep questions as
my hope is unseen.

You are my salvation.
You make me clean.
I stand in Christ now forgiven as
my hope is unseen.

I groan inwardly as I wait
from sin’s curse now freed
waiting for final adoption
while my hope is unseen.

I trust Your Word even
if I have never yet been
at the end of my journey
trusting Your hope that’s unseen.

Hope that is possessed
becomes something that is seen.
Hope that I wait for
is real hope still unseen.

Waiting then requires patience.
You always say what You mean.
You promise to take me to future glory
while now hope is unseen.

So with patience I will stand here.
On Jesus I will lean.
His promise is ever with me.
I believe hope that’s unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment