Tuesday, November 9, 2021

It is all God’s doing.

It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Romans 3:26

God gives His righteousness by faith to all who believe that Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord. God is just. He has judged all sin at the cross in the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. God is the Justifier. We could not save ourselves, even by keeping God’s Law, and so through Jesus God will see us as perfectly forgiven. Every person whom God saves is a sinner falling far short of God’s glory in desperate need of salvation, unable to do what is good. Every person saved by Jesus is made right with God by a gift of God’s grace… redeemed solely in the work of Jesus… a gift that no person deserves.

This is the very root and substance of ALL Christian doctrine. Jesus died for our sins. He provides forgiveness of sins. Through His death and resurrection we find true life, eternal life, and meaningful life right now. And we live in and by His great grace in this present time, knowing God is both holy and just to deal with our sin, and God is gracious and merciful to give us such life by the grace that is in Jesus.

I live my days in the grace that can only be mine because Jesus gave Himself for me. I am a sinner saved by grace. God is holy and just to judge all sin, and because Jesus carried all my sin with Him to the cross, I am right with God by faith in His Son. I will trust Jesus. I will believe Him. I will accept His sacrifice and not try even to think that my “goodness” impresses a holy God! The praise goes to Jesus Who has saved me. My life is His. I bring nothing to the deal… Jesus paid it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment