Friday, October 1, 2021

Always love, always mercy, always grace


Remember your mercy, O LORD, and your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.
Psalm 25:6

I read the stories
     from Your book
about the lives
     that Your love took
from sin’s dominion
     and in mercy saved
You were their God
     gracious from cradle to grave

And today, I recognize
     sinner though I may be
in Christ I see my hope
     and cling to Your mercy
so from sin set me free
     I want to serve You
would you help me follow
     so others can know You too?

Following Jesus, led from above 
     I turn from my sin
and seek to know Your steadfast love
     Your Holy Spirit now within
there is more joy than I ever knew
     I am enjoying Your gift of grace
looking to my past, from old I see it
     looking ahead, I will see Your face

Stories written in the Bible
     of mercy, grace, and love
point me to the experience
     of knowing my God Who guides above
and a Savior so dear to me
     showers me with amazing grace
while His Spirit lives inside me
     guarding my soul, until I see His face

No comments:

Post a Comment